Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Suvarnabhumi Airport - Thailand (Part1)


Hi All,

I know it is a bit late to start off.. But better late than never ....
Ok .. here it goes ...


Suvarnabhumi Airport is one of the biggest Airports I have ever been to....
I am not referring to the size of the Airport Building alone, But the overall area of the Airport...

When the flight landed, we were boarded on this Battery operated Bus ... and within 4-5 mins we had reached the Airport... (Yup .. the planes are parked quiet far from the Airport, So you can understand the size of the entire Air Strip)

The first thing I saw was a guy who looked like a girl... hehehehe
(Yes Christine .. You were right after all :) )

So, I got into this huge Airport wondering what to do.. where to go .. there were so much of counters, and it looked really confusing ... But it was not much trouble as there was information written both in Thai and in English.
The Airport staff are very hospitable and friendly..

I go to the information center (Just to be sure I am going the right way) and they take a look at the ticket and accordingly guide me to the correct area for collecting my bags.
When I reach the conveyor belt to collect my bags, it took 2 mins for my bags to come ( Quiet fast)

The Whole process of Getting out of the plane, passing through the immigration, collecting the bags and checking out .. took me around 20 mins ... (Damn Fast)

As I had 3 hrs to kill, I decided to take a trip around the Airport..

A little bit more about the Airport ...
The entire Airport is 5 storeys...
One Floor for Arrivals , Another one for Departures , One floor for restaurant and duty Free , One floor for people to board Buses and taxies and there is another one which seems to be heading underground .. From the looks of it, maybe a potential Underground Subway.
The External Walls of the Airport is of glass, the whole 5 floors, (Yup, you can have a nice view of the outside world in the Airport itself)
Each floor has a connect with the adjacent buliding which is basically a Parking lot for vechicles. The Airport looks very organised and clean.
To be continued ....

No comments: